Saturday, January 3, 2015

BATMAN MARATHON (1989 - 2012) Conclusion






I started watching these movies to get a better idea of why people like superheroes(whom I grew up viewing as guys in Halloween costumes saving the world from other guys in Halloween costumes). I was curious. Have I got answers?

Well, yes, but surprisingly, not from the Batman films. You see, after completing The Dark Knight Rises, I had a sudden urge for more. I wanted to have more films to watch because Batman had made one hell of an impression on me.

So I picked Superman(1978) for my next watch. Five minutes later, I was done. It was so boring, so worthless of my attention. I'm sure it was well crafted, but why would you create a superhero with superpowers? How do you relate to that?

I think what makes superheroes cool is that you can imagine yourself in their shoes. That, and their reality is fantastical. I mean, Superman is all nice and dandy, but an alien who looks like human AND fights crime in a ridiculous outfit is one step too far. Batman got the right idea by not only having a regular guy be the protagonist, but also give him dramatic value(the death of his parents and his use of fear as a weapon).

So yeah, I'm a Batfan now and will probably check out the Animated Series for Mark Hamill's Joker alone.

But now, my favourite part: the Best To Worst lists:

BEST TO WORST BATMAN FILM

1) The Dark Knight Rises.
2) Batman.
3) Batman Begins.
4) The Dark Knight.
5) Batman Returns.
6) Batman And Robin.
7) Batman Forever.

BEST TO WORST BATMAN

1) Michael Keaton.
2) Christian Bale.
3) George Clooney.
4) Val Kilmer.

BEST TO WORST DIRECTOR

1) Tim Burton.
2) Christopher Nolan.
3) Joel Schumacher.

BEST TO WORST SUPPORTING CAST

1) Batman.
2) The Dark Knight.
3) Batman Begins.
4) The Dark Knight Rises.
5) Batman Returns.
6) Batman And Robin.
7) Batman Forever.

BEST TO WORST MUSIC

1) Danny Elfman.
2) Hans Zimmer.
3) Elliot Goldenthal.

BEST TO WORST LOVE INTEREST

1) Nicole Kidman.
2) Michelle Pfeiffer.
3) Everyone else.

BEST TO WORST ENEMIES

1) The Joker (Jack Nicholson)
2) Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart)
3) Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)
4) Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson)
5) The Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy)
6) Bane (Tom Hardy)
7) The Joker (Heath Ledger)
8) Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman)
9) The Penguin (Danny DeVito)
10) The Riddler (Jim Carrey)
11) Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
12) Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones)
13) Bane (Robert Swenson)

Thank you for following(I know there's no one out there, but I like saying it nonetheless) and I'll see you next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment